Sunday, February 22, 2009

Robbery

We came home from church today to find our home alarm system sounding. There were two messages from Brinks Home Security saying there had been an entry in zone 3. Then I saw a note on the table from the sherriff. It read: "front door unlocked. Checked both upstairs and downstairs, house is in disarray." Apparently some one had come in while we were at church and spilled cereal on the floor, and unmade all the beds, and scattered files all over the office desk. Either that or I have 5 children under the age of 8 and no matter how hard I try I just can't leave the house clean on Sunday mornings when I'm trying to get off to church on time. I'm not sure why the alarm sounded, but I am embarrassed that the sherriff couldn't tell if we had been robbed, or if we just live like this. At least now we can tell the kids they better help clean up or the "clean house" police may come give us a ticket while we are away.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

This is the BEST! I mean, not really, but this is funny. My sundays usually consist of putting everyone to work after church so I can enjoy the rest of my sabbath resting. I may have to threaten the cleaning police to come to my house! Everyone came home to a tidy house today...that is because I stayed home with a sick baby and tidied up while she napped.

Charlene said...

This is a classic blog post!!!!

chickadee365 said...

Too funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one.